Adventure Tours in India
Due to diverse topography, adventure tours in India are of different types. These will help you get over the boredom induced by the unidimensional city life. Whenever you want a unique and insightful vacation, go for such thrilling engagements as they will make you feel joyous. You could enjoy them alone, with friends or like a fun family outing. There are many adventure destinations in India, and you can go for sightseeing in and around them.
Adventure Destinations in India
Adventure trips can be taken to a number of destinations in the country, with each one being famous for a particular activity.
- Ladakh: The rough terrain and natural beauty of Ladakh have made it an admirable destination for adventure lovers. With an average elevation of over 10000 feet above sea level, Ladakh has a cold arid climate.
- Rishikesh: This sacred place is located in the state of Uttarakhand, and is another well-known spot to indulge in thrill-inducing sports like rafting, rock climbing, rappelling and more. Rishikesh can be visited in any month
- as the weather here is always pleasant.
- Lonavala: It is about 65 km from Pune, and is a popular hill town. With a moderate altitude of approximately 2050 feet, the topography here is not too rugged, and the weather does not become extreme. Hot air ballooning is popular here.
- Kamshet: This destination lies in the Sahyadri Ranges; hence its altitude is moderate. Even in the peak of winters, the temperature rarely drops to below 10 degrees Celsius, making it a nice place to enjoy the season. Paragliding is done here from October to April.
- Kolad: Another amazing place to relish the thrilling sport of rafting, this little village lies on the banks of the Kundalika River. Away from urban centers and immersed in tranquillity, it is an ideal getaway if you want to relax.
- Goa: Those who want to have an exciting time along the seas should definitely come to Goa. It is a perfect place to indulge in some fabulous and exciting water sports
Adventure Activities in India
With a plethora of exciting engagements in the country, such excitement-developing sports are bound to continue gaining admiration.
- Treks: You can trek at a number of destinations like Ladakh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh and Kashmir.
- Motor Bike Expeditions: Biking trips on the Leh-Manali highway and through South and West India are hosted by loads of travel agencies as they are highly admired.
- River Rafting: The state of Uttarakhand and the village of Kolad are two prime destinations for rafting.
- Hot Air Ballooning: Jaipur in Rajasthan and Lonavala near Mumbai are the two most sought after places for hot air ballooning. Both these destinations have weather conditions, which are favourable for the engagement.
- Scuba Diving: To see the underwater world from up close, travel to Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the state of Goa or the town of Murudeshwar in Karnataka. You will get scuba training from PADI certified instructors at all these sites before you head out to the sea.
- Wildlife Safari: The country has loads of protected areas like Corbett, Bandhavgarh, Kanha and Pench national parks, where wildlife safaris can be availed.
- Camping: You can camp wherever there are untouched environs like hills and forests. There are many such places in Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Karnataka and Himachal Pradesh, which you can pick.